Hunt Huey PLLC is a boutique law firm providing sophisticated legal services to businesses and individuals. Richard is a Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer who, like Jeanne, practiced for many years with major regional and national firms. Their practice encompasses a wide range of civil lawsuits with a focus on defending businesses in lawsuits filed under the Americans with Disabilities Act and Fair Housing Act and defending lawyers from claims of legal malpractice or matters before the state bar. Richard has been interviewed by and quoted in Forbes, The Economist, and other national and local newspapers and magazines on matters concerning ADA and FHA litigation and compliance. We know from our years of experience that intelligent analysis, strategic thinking and commitment to client goals are far more important to the delivery of good results than high billing rates or the number of lawyers in a firm. Our experience includes:
- Defense of private class actions, and Department of Justice and HUD enforcement actions under the Fair Housing Act.
- Prosecution of claims by developers and non-profits against municipalities, homeowners associations and others attempting to stop or limit developments protected by the Fair Housing Act.
- Defense of lawsuits brought under Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act against shopping centers, restaurants, hotels, retailers and other public accommodations. Our experience in this area includes both physical accessibility claims and claims for website accessibility.
- Representing attorneys in malpractice claims and complaints before the Texas State Bar arising out of alleged ethics violations.
- Representation of employers and employees in disputes concerning non-competition agreements, theft of trade secrets and discrimination.
- A wide variety of other kinds of business litigation, including real estate litigation, oil and gas litigation, breach of contract, product liability, environmental contamination, copyright, trademark, trade secret and other intellectual property litigation.
Our clients include individuals and businesses ranging from small startups to multi-billion dollar international corporations. We have represented these clients in state and federal district courts, state and federal courts of appeal, in arbitration proceedings before the AAA and FINRA, and in state and federal administrative proceedings. We both have formal training in mediation and negotiation and Jeanne is certified in Collaborative Law.